Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Through the Eyes of a Child

I have the sweetest story about Blaine yesterday. But first, here's some background: Last Friday night, Jamey gave each of the boys a toy he had gotten for them. They were different toys, but they both like one of them the best. It was a skidder, which is a toy neither one has had before. They both played with it all weekend.

Sunday at church an announcement was made by one of our members that their niece's house had burned a couple of months back. They have bought another home, but need things for it. We decided to all bring the things to church Wedensday night. The family has a 4 year old little boy and 2 little girls. Yesterday afternoon, Neal and Blaine were home, and Neal told Blaine about the little boy losing all of his toys. Neal told Blaine to pick out some of his toys to give to the little boy so he would have some new toys. Later, Blaine finished going through his toys and was showing Neal. Included in the toys was Blaine's new toy that Jamey gave him. Neal asked him why he put that toy in there. Blaine said "this is my newest and most favorite toy and if something happened to all my toys, I would want one just like it." How sweet is that?

After Neal told me about it, I went on my nightly walk and had to call Jamey to tell him about it. He said that if Blaine wanted to give it away, he would be glad to buy him a new one. So, we'll see what he decides tonight. And just as I was at the two mile mark, walking along deep in thought about how sweet Blaine is and maybe we are doing something right, the three of them (Neal, Blaine, and Judd) jumped out from behind my car and sprayed me with water guns!! I guess it was a nice cool down for my last mile!!

1 comment:

  1. This is Dianne Mitchell. Your mom gave me your website address and I am so glad that she did. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your good-looking family. I especially enjoyed reading about Blaine's reaction to the family who lost their home. You know that you've got to be doing something right when your child has that kind of response to someone else's tragedy!

    ReplyDelete