Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cruise

Well, it has taken me a few days, but I finally have a cruise post! I have been busy this week catching up and working on our taxes. I have never waited this late to do our taxes, but I don't think I have ever been as busy as I am now, either!

I will start off by showing you our stateroom. We were on the 7th deck, which was the main level. It was the level that we boarded the ship on. We were located toward the back of the middle section...right below our dining room. It was a great location.


We loved having a window.

The bathroom was across from where Neal is in the picture. As you can see, I had the clorox wipes out. I wiped everything down right after we got in the room...just in case!


This was the water Sunday morning. It had made quite a transformation!

The birthday boy on his birthday!

On Sunday, we had to wear jackets outside. Can you see the people in the background that are using their towels to cover up with?

The slide on the top deck. We didn't get to go down it...the day we were going to, it got too windy and we weren' t able to. We stayed on the top deck a lot of the time.

There was PLENTY to eat on the ship. One time we got hungry and just ate different deserts!! Pizza and ice cream were available 24 hours a day and there was usually a buffet open also.

I took this on the last sea day. This was on our TV in our room. It showed our location, the ship's speed, and sea depth. Notice the water was 10,870 feet deep!!A Behind the Fun tour was offered on the last sea day. Only 32 people are allowed to go on the tour. We scheduled it early in the cruise because it sounded really interesting. Taking pictures was not allowed, so I only have pictures of the plates that were in our room when we finished the tour.

We got to go in the crew area of the boat and see where they ate and hung out. We toured the galley (kitchen) and saw where all the food is prepared and the engine control room where the engineer talked to us. He was Italian, so I didn't understand much of what he said, but I think Neal enjoyed it. We also got to go in the bridge or where the Captain and crew navigate the ship. This was very interesting, also. We even got to get a group picture with the captain. We walked from one end of the ship to the other for 2 1/2 hours. We learned a lot of neat things and it was well worth what we paid for it!


This was in the piano bar. The piano went all the around. We listened to an entertainer or two in here. I didn't take a lot of pictures of the ship... we bought a book with pictures of the ship in it, so I didn't see the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment