Friday, May 1, 2009

A Challenge!

If you know me very well you know that I LOVE a challenge! Well, this sign was a challenge. A couple of weeks ago, Suzanne asked me if I thought I would be able to paint a canvas for her sister to hang on the hospital door when her baby was born. My first reaction was "I can't paint!" After I thought about it for a while I told her that I would try to paint it. I really enjoyed the challenge. Although, I didn't get to work on it for over about 3 minutes at the time because of my boys. Most of the time Judd was holding my leg wanting me to pick him up, while Blaine was either wanting to help me paint or wanting me to get him something. We were gone pretty much all weekend, but when I was home, I was trying to work on it. I started Saturday night and got finished Monday night. Needless to say, I've got to clean house this weekend!! I really didn't know what I was going to do when I started, but this is how it turned out. I think it's pretty good for a first time painter.
She had Baby Huntley yesterday. Before Suzanne left for the hospital, I added the date. They filled in the rest of the info at the hospital with a paint pen.
I hope to have new pictures of the boys next week. We've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to take any. We had games last Monday, Tuesday, and tomorrow is tournament day. Thank goodness, we will only have 1 game!

1 comment:

  1. Everybody loved the sign! You did a great job!
    Thanks so much!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete