Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scarbrough Family



I thought some of you might want to see a picture of the Scarbroughs that died on the trail ride. This picture is from the program at the funeral. I did not know this family; however, I feel like I did. For some reason there has just felt like there was a connection. I'm not sure if it's because we had ridden all weekend together, if it's because Neal and I are close in age to them and have boys that are about the same ages, or if it's just because. I sure know that they all have a place in my heart. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Matthew and Brandy and the kids. I have gotten to know Wendy, Brandy's sister, over the past couple of weeks. If Brandy was anything like her, she was great! As some of you know we are planning a Memorial Trail Ride in honor of Matthew "Dobber" and Brandy. Wendy has been a huge help. She is really a go-getter! She has been in contact with Faith Hill and got her to donate an autographed guitar for the auction! Santa Fe is also going to play. We are giving all the proceeds to the sweet little children! I am attaching a copy of the postcards that we mailed out. If anyone would like a flyer, please let me know, and I can email you one.


The auction is going to be HUGE! We are going to have so much stuff-boots, a homemade quilt, feed, wagon wheel light fixture, guns, a saddle, an autographed picture of Eli Manning-just to name a few! We are also going to be selling grilled chicken plates (chicken leg quarter, baked beans, potato salad, bread, and drink)

No comments:

Post a Comment